|Berkshire County Arc Awards Scholarships to Five Local High School Seniors|
|12:44PM / Friday, July 14, 2017|
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Berkshire County Arc and the Berkshire County Arc Down Syndrome Family Group have awarded scholarships ranging upwards from $1,000 to the following five high school seniors who demonstrated outstanding prior involvement with individuals with disabilities and the potential to contribute to the field of human services.
The students are:
· Jessie Downer, Wahconah Regional High School (Recipient of the Carol Craighead Memorial Scholarship Award, which is funded by Berkshire County Arc and the Berkshire County Arc Down Syndrome Family Group)
· Anthony Melski, Pittsfield High School
· Aubrey Milligan, Wahconah Regional High School
· Mehgan Warner, Wahconah Regional High School
· Crystal Wojcik, Hoosac Valley High School
Downer's scholarship is the Seventh Annual Carol Craighead Memorial Scholarship Award, which is presented in memory of Carol Craighead, who was a Berkshire County Arc Board member, volunteer and supporter for more than 40 years.
An independent panel of community members consisting of Daniel Dillon, relationship development officer of Greylock Federal Credit Union; Shirley Edgerton, retiree from the Department of Developmental Services; June Hailer, chairperson of the Pittsfield Commission on Disabilities; and Lee Ann Pettus, secretary of the Berkshire County Arc Down Syndrome Family Group, selected the winners. Funds for the scholarships were raised through Berkshire County Arc's Annual Golf Classic and the Berkshire County Arc Down Syndrome Family Group.