|Fall Foliage Festival Begins With Friday Night Movie|
|01:58PM / Friday, September 27, 2019|
|Emergency officials and vehicles are always a big part of the Fall Foliage Parade, set this year for Sunday, Oct. 6.|
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — The 64th annual Fall Foliage Festival kicks off in North Adams on Friday, Sept. 27. This year’s theme is "There's No Place Like Home ... in the Berkshires," a celebration of the 80th anniversary of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
The following is a schedule of events taking place during the Fall Foliage Festival, beginning Friday, Sept. 27, and concluding with the 64th annual Fall Foliage Parade on Sunday, Oct. 6. For more information on any of the events, call 413-664-6180 or visit the website.
Friday, Sept. 27
* Movies Under the Stars at Colegrove Park Presents "The Wizard of Oz" at Colegrove Park, North Church Street. Movie begins at dusk, approximately 7 p.m. Free.
Saturday, Sept. 28
* Fall Foliage Leaf Hunt clues are announced. Look for them here on iBerkshires.com.
* Hoosac Valley Fall Foliage Train Rides depart from/return to the train depot in Adams weekends through the end of October. See the schedule and rates on the website.
* Fall Foliage Children’s Races and Family Fair will be held at Noel Field, 310 State St., from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Race registration is 10 to 10:45 a.m.; races are at 11 a.m. and the awards ceremony is at noon. This event is free and open to all ages, with categories for various age groups, and awards for group winners. Best for ages 10 years and under. The fair includes obstacle courses, games, give-a-ways, crafts, and magic.
* MCLA's Fall Day of Service will begin in MCLA's Venable Gym, 375 Church St., at 8:30 a.m. Register online. After service, there will be pizza and celebration at 1 p.m.
* The Northern Berkshire Community Electronics Recycling & Paper Shredding will be held in the All Saints Episcopal Church, Steeple City Plaza Parking Lot, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Disposal fees (in support of All Saints are $5 to $10 for most items. LED/flat screen TVs are $15 -50, and CRT TVs/CRT monitors are $15 to $50. No large appliances accepted (refrigerators, stoves, etc). No charge for paper shredding.
* A free Wigwam Fall Foliage Sunset Serenade with Bernice Lewis will be held at the Wigwam Western Summit, 2350 Mohawk Trail, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Joined by her daughter Moriah, Lewis turns to the Ladies Auxiliary Ukulele Orchestra and perform their first Sunset Serenade.
Thursday, Oct. 3
* The annual Fall Foliage Ziti Supper will be held at Saint Elizabeth’s of Hungary, 70 Marshall St., from 4 yo 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 per person; $7 for kids 12 & under. Dinner includes ziti and meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and a beverage. Desserts will also be available.
Friday, Oct. 4
* The annual Children’s Parade will march up Main Street. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. at the corner of Main and Eagle streets. Lineup is at 5 p.m. and the parade is at 5:30 p.m. up to City Hall. Children from throughout the Northern Berkshires are encouraged to make costumes and enter the parade. This year's theme is "There’s No Place Like Home in the Berkshires." Ribbons will be given to all participants. Group and float winners will be invited to participate in the Fall Foliage Parade on Sunday, Oct. 6. Please note that groups should be 10 or fewer children, as there are only 10 medals that will be awarded per category/prize.
Saturday, Oct. 5
* The North Adams Farmers Market sposnors "Bring Your Dog to the Market," located in the St. Anthony Municipal Parking Lot, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Special market vendors will include animal rescue agencies and animal-themed products. As always, patrons of the market can find fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese, canned goods, baked goods, eggs, and meat.
* VFW Post 996 Mohawk Trail will hold its Fall Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be something for everyone: a Chinese auction, fish bowl, raffles, baked goods, fried dough and more.
* The ninth annual Dog Parade will begin at Veteran’s Memorial Park at the corner of Eagle Street and Route 2 at 10:30 a.m.; registration begins at 10 a.m. The parade is free but donations to local animal rescues are accepted. All dogs are encouraged to participate. Owners are encouraged to make costumes and enter their dogs into this parade with the "There’s No Place Like Home in the Berkshires" theme. Categories are: funniest, best duo (owner and dog), best group (dogs), best small dog, best medium-sized dog, and best large dog. Prizes will be awarded following the parade and ribbons will be given to all participants. Dog parade winners will be invited to participate in the Fall Foliage Parade.
* Fall Foliage Brew N’ Chew, Fall Craft Fair, and Miner Combat’s Dancing in the Street will be held on Main Street between American Legion Drive and Eagle Street from noon to 5 p.m. There will be local artisan and crafter booths, local beverage tent featuring Bright Ideas Brewing, Demarsico Wine Cellar, and Tourists, the annual Jack's Hot Dog Stand hot dog eating competition to benefit PopCares, and Miner Combat’s Dancing in the Street fundraiser to benefit PopCares, supporting local families battling cancer. Details on the Facebook page.
Sunday, Oct. 6
* 1Berkshire presents the 64th annual Fall Foliage Parade with the theme "There's No Place Like Home ... in the Berkshires" in downtown North Adams, stepping off at 1 p.m. The parade will commence at the Ocean State Job Lots parking lot, and conclude on Ashland Street after passing through downtown via Main Street.